NIDISC 2013 is the 16th International Workshop on Nature Inspired Distributed Computing
held in conjunction with
The 27th IEEE/ACM International Parallel and Distributed Processing (IPDPS 2013)
May 20-24, 2013
NIDISC 2013 keynote will be given by Prof. H. J. Siegel from Colorado State University (CSU).
NIDISC 2013 Program is available here
- Albert Y. Zomaya, The University of Sydney, Australia (email@example.com)
- Pascal Bouvry, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Franciszek Seredynski, Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University, Poland (email@example.com)
- El-Ghazali Talbi, University of Lille, INRIA, CNRS, France (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- M. Affenzeller, University of Hagenberg, Austria
- E. Alba, University of Málaga, Spain
- A. Al-Dubai, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom
- A. Al-Jumaily, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- L. Bononi, University of Bologna, Italy
- A. Boukerche, University of Ottawa, Canada
- J. Branke, University of Warwick, UK
- E. Cantú-Paz, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
- C. Coello, CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico
- T. Crainic, CIRRELT Montréal, Canada
- H. González-Vélez, NCI Cloud Competency Centre, Ireland
- B. Di Martino, University of Naples, Italia
- T. El-Ghazawi, George Washington University, USA
- P. Herrero, Technical University of Madrid, Spain
- S. U. Khan, North Dakota State University, USA
- J. Kolodziej, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- A. Lewis, Griffith University, Australia
- M. Middendorf, University of Leipzig, Germany
- N. Melab, University of Lille, France
- M. Menai, KSU University, Saudi Arabia
- S. Mostaghim, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- A. J.Nebro, University of Málaga, Spain
- C. Ribeiro, University of Fluminense, Brazil
- H. Sarbazi-azad, Sharif University of Technology, Iran
- G. Ch. Sirakoulis, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- G. Spezzano, University of Calabria, Italy
- Z. Tari, RMIT University, Australia
- M. Tomassini, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- F. Xhafa, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
- Grégoire Danoy, University of Luxembourg - Luxembourg - (email@example.com)
Techniques based on metaheuristics and nature-inspired paradigms can provide efficient solutions to a wide variety of problems. Moreover, parallel and distributed metaheuristics can be used to provide more powerful problem solving environments in a variety of fields, ranging, for example, from finance to bio- and health-informatics.This workshop seeks to provide an opportunity for researchers to explore the connection between metaheuristics and the development of solutions to problems that arise in operations research, parallel computing, telecommunications, and many others. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Nature-inspired methods (e.g. ant colonies, GAs, cellular automata, DNA and molecular computing, local search, etc) for problem solving environments.
- Parallel and distributed metaheuristics techniques (algorithms, technologies and tools).
- Applications combining traditional parallel and distributed computing and optimization techniques as well as theoretical issues (convergence, complexity, etc).
- Other algorithms and applications relating the above mentioned research areas.
Prospective authors of high quality research contributions are invited to submit an electronic copy of their manuscript not exceeding 10 two-column pages including figures and references in the traditional IEEE format used in IPDPS. Please, use Postscript or PDF when possible. In your email, please indicate paper title, author(s), and the corresponding author.
A selected group of papers from the workshop will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to a special issue of an international scholarly journal. Further announcements will be made during the workshop.
Papers should be submitted to:
University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University, Poland
University of Lille, INRIA, CNRS, France
Submission Deadline -
January 6, 2013 January 20, 2013
Notification of Acceptance -
January 27, 2012 February 14, 2013
Final Copy Due - March 8, 2013
Workshop - May 20-24, 2013